Monday, December 13, 2010

farewell

I had to throw away these shoes. They were dead. I am really good at throwing things away, but these were a little hard. I walked all over London, Edinburgh, and Switzerland in these. I logged a lot of miles with my friend Kisha when we used to get up early and walk (darn that night job of hers and the dorks who blew up our economy so she needed a night job - grrrrrrr). Since September when I injured my foot I have worn them every day, all day with Uncle Cam orthodontics in them. They even ran a mile in November (I know, I'm still amazed I ran a whole mile, I can, however WALK a lot of miles in a stretch). Anyhow, I was sad to see them go, silly, but true.

On a slightly related note, throwing things away is good. I would love a free weekend to rip closets apart and do a good purge.

3 comments:

Kori said...

That's a lot of miles and good memories!

Mellissa said...

Amen to people who throw things away! It is a talent we share. What did you do with your mission shoes? I am just curious......and, you are an expert at making memories. I know this. Tacos rock.

The Atomic Mom said...

I have to attachement to my tennys....I have to have orthodics and Dr Scholls all at the same time...when my feet start hurting, it's time to toss. Perhaps you can find a sole-to-sole drop off in the area. Shoes for Haiti, I'm sure those shoes could bless some one else's life. :)