Thursday, December 16, 2010

nativity tour

Every year we go to the Mesa Temple to see the lights (and in years past to hear Jen play the harp). My favorite part is walking through the visitor's center's display of nativities from around the world. Every year it is a different collection and always very cool. My favorite this year was from India - gorgeous.

For your enjoyment, here are the Nativity sets we have up in our house this Christmas.

Nativity coloring pages from the Nursery Manuel by Nora, Diana, and Emily respectively.

A Nativity done by Diana last year - love it.

I think this was from Grammy the first year we were married.

This one is from Africa, my mom gave it to us.

Israel. I didn't buy an olive wood nativity in 1997 when I was there, but by the time Michael went last year I decided I wanted one. Thanks Thang.

Made in China. The kids LOVE to play with this one.

Gift from Grammy. Indestructible and again, the kids love to play with it.

From Grammy (are we seeing a trend?) This is from Alaska and the girls think it is especially beautiful. I love the polar bear.

Ornament Nativity from Bethlehem. I think Jessica gave this to me.

Germany, from Grammy. The kids have a really hard time not touching this one, but the pieces are so small, I have to insist.

I really love having all of these Nativites around. What Nativities do you have displayed in your home?

5 comments:

Kori said...

Thanks for sharing. Good idea for a post, now I must take pictures of our Nativity sets.

Mellissa said...

I love this post, and.......zero. UGH! I can't believe I wrote it. I really am on the hunt, just talking to my dad about the old one we had as kids. I get an F in nativity.

The Atomic Mom said...

We just have a cloth one that my VT gave James. I kept it out all year for him to play with. Poor Mary and Joseph though, both are bald, bald, bald.

Bert and Kelli Millett said...

I only have one - the one that is gorgeous and stricty for eyes only! But my mom collects navitities whenever she travels and they are all different and beautiful. My sisters and I are already fighting over the one she got in Germany - when Mom kicks the bucket.

I still regret not blowing the bank and buying the to-die-for Lladro set while we were in Spain. Maybe I'll do like you and get my Spanish navivity 15 years after the trip. I'd better start saving now. Do you know how expensive a Lladro is? Yikes!

Steph said...

I love all your nativities. We have one breakable one up high, and the plastic one for the kids to play with. I love your Mary scarf, too. So pretty! A must for all those girls. I'll have to come up with something for Brielle for next year. . .

By the way, fabulous job on the shrugs for Ali last night!