Thursday, August 4, 2011

the beach

post edit: Hey Kori, Sandpoint is situated on Lake Pend Orielle (pronounced Ponderay); it is the 8th largest lake in the lower 48 and so deep the navy used to test submarines there (I don't know if they still do, but I was always afraid one would come up under me when I had wiped out water skiing). Anyhow, Sandpoint is named for a lovely sandy peninsula that juts out into the lake where the city maintains what it creatively called City Beach. It's great, although there are a lot of very unattractive bikinis and as Ryan wisely says, "There are two problems with bikinis: they either look really bad or way too good - so true."

Olivia is an indescribable wonder in her polka-dots!


Sarah loves the beach, but not getting her picture taken.


Nora is a mess; we really need to fix the bangs in the face problem.


Diana is a nut - she LOVES to play in the sand.


Aunt Mel brought chocolate chip cookies, tasty!


It was a pretty cold Summer so we didn't do the beach very many times, but it was always fun, even in the cold.

2 comments:

Kori said...

What beach did you go to?

erika said...

I love the bikini comment, so true, so true!
It looks like you had a wonderful time in Sandpoint. I would love to go up there again sometime!
PS - You are always welcome to come visit us at our "warm" beaches in San Diego.