I think I have mentioned previously how GRAND Aunt Mel is. Well, here is yet another example. One day I whined I was tired from making lunch for 9 or 10 kids and then moved on with my day thinking nothing more of it - I mean, kids must eat, everyone works and lunch just frequently happened to end up being my lot in Idaho many days. Mel made lunch the next day (with out comment) to give me a break and then a few days later when we were at Wal-Mart she decided to buy junk food for a forest picnic. We bought juice boxed, fruit roll-ups, chips, Twinkies etc and later packed them all up and tromped back to the forest for a lovely picnic. YEAAAA Aunt Mel!
Friday, August 19, 2011
a picnic
I think I have mentioned previously how GRAND Aunt Mel is. Well, here is yet another example. One day I whined I was tired from making lunch for 9 or 10 kids and then moved on with my day thinking nothing more of it - I mean, kids must eat, everyone works and lunch just frequently happened to end up being my lot in Idaho many days. Mel made lunch the next day (with out comment) to give me a break and then a few days later when we were at Wal-Mart she decided to buy junk food for a forest picnic. We bought juice boxed, fruit roll-ups, chips, Twinkies etc and later packed them all up and tromped back to the forest for a lovely picnic. YEAAAA Aunt Mel!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Man, Aunt Mel does rock! And twinkies are one of thee greatest ideas, ever. I don't know how you can think they are nasty. Practically a food group over here!
Yes to twinkies being nasty.
And I'm glad to know that I'm not the only one that feeds my kid a not so healthy lunch once in a while. James had a gummie bear supper the other day!
Post a Comment