Monday, August 8, 2011

mt whitney

The beginning

The top (14,000 some odd feet)

Ryan, 3 good friends/adult leaders and 5 priests spent last week in the high Sierras in California. They finished their week by summitting Mt. Whitney the highest peak in the lower 48.

#1 - No one died
#2 - Everyone summitted
#3 - No one starved
#4 - All 5 boys has great spiritual and physical experiences
#5 - My van returned clean and in one piece

It really was a great trip and I'm proud of Ryan, he has been working on it for a full year and many times it could have fallen by the wayside for something a lot more whimpy but Ryan did not let that happen and it was well worth it.

For my part, I had Grammy here so we could keep our sanity through school supply shopping, 3 doctor's appointments, daily swims, a bad cold, and life in general. She was my LIFESAVER!

2 comments:

Vinylgiftsandmore.com said...

We are only 45 minutes away from this mountain. It is very pretty up there. It is amazing how tall this moutain is and how close it is to death valley. Stan and I want to climb it next year.

Erin

emily, etc, etc said...

So great! I am a little jealous...I think my climbing-high-mountains-like Kilimanjaro-days are over (at least for a while). I am glad he was able to do it.

PS Is that Bert? So cool.