Tuesday, February 23, 2010

knowledge IS power, but can be annoying

Many of you have tile and know how annoying it can be - grout is just gross. I finally learned how to clean it but it is a pain and I have yet to finish, since it has been a trial and error kind of process. Below you can see the clean vs. the dirty, proving that the grout really is dirty.

I started out with an old toothbrush and vinegar. It works but eats the toothbrush right away and takes a lot of scrubbing.

My new grout scrubbing brush - wire bristles - so much better and much less scrubbing. Maybe soon all my grout will be clean. For now that I have the knowledge, I am responsible for it. Whereas before I was content with dirty grout thinking there could not possibly be a way to clean it.

2 comments:

Kori said...

Darn, now I'm going to feel guilty about cleaning the whole bottom floor of my house because I didn't know what it took until just now. Gee thanks, Marian.

Bert and Kelli Millett said...

Marian, how dare you share such dangerous knowledge. Did you know that I have more than 1300 square feet of tile accompanied by it's dirty grout?