Saturday, February 27, 2010

mary poppins


For Christmas Ryan gave his girls tickets to Mary Poppins. We had such a fun afternoon all dressed up enjoying the magic (Mary flew, Bert walked up the wall, across the ceiling, and back down, statues came to LIFE! - all amazing, especially if you are under 7 years old). Emily danced through the entire curtain call, and informed me that she knew it was "the REAL Mary Poppins because she was flying!Thanks Dad, for giving us some magic!

7 comments:

Michael Boren said...

That sounds like too much fun. You're girls are getting some good culture these days. Tell them I think they are beautiful and I love them tons and tons!!

Erin said...

That is so fun! I can't wait until I have kids old enough to sit through something like that... or anything! I think the things you do as a kid are so magical. Parents shouldn't "wait" until they can enjoy them. I think Disneyland was the most fun even before I could go on a lot of the rides because I was so sure the characters were "real".

azandersens said...

Wasn't it so magical? I almost had tears when she flew away at the end. :) The naked dancing statues were . . . interesting. We were sitting pretty close and got more than we bargained for. There were a lot of interesting questions asked during that scene. :)It was so fun to run into you guys there in all your concert finery.

Niki said...

What a fun night and great idea for a gift!

Kori said...

This is the forth blog I've read lately about Mary Poppins. Somehow I missed the announcement or something. Maybe Ryan can give John a clue about great gifts.

Erika said...

How fun! We love Mary Poppins at our house. Those are lucky girls!

marie said...

I'm so glad you loved it. We did as well. Something none of us will forget! When she flew out into the audience at the end I think I loved it more than the girls. (HA!)I have the CD if you want to borrow it sometime.