Wednesday, February 10, 2010

v-day prep and stuff

We are revving up for v-day. The girls did a great job making their sucker center flower valentines.


We practiced our heart hair a few days ago - very lovely.


Poor Nora, this morning she did not want to finish her breakfast, This the sight that greeted us when we returned from the bus stop. She did eventually finish it. Sesame Street is a pretty big incentive.


Isaac has two favorite shirts and likes to wear them both at the same time, for days in a row. He has been known to pull them out if the laundry basket and sleep with them as well. Oh well. He has also, of his own free will, started trying to use the potty. Mom's big challenge is to keep it positive and we might have a potty trained boy by summer. As LeeAnn says all you need to potty train a kid is a potty and endless candy (I have 300 dumdums in the cupboard).

3 comments:

Mellissa said...

My sister swears by dumdums. They ARE magic!

Niki said...

I can't believe that hair! Do you do it on all the girls? You better get up early in the morning. I am so slow at braiding Anna's she doesn't like me to do it very often.

Bert and Kelli Millett said...

I disagree about the potty. You also need a truckload of patience and enthusiasm bordering on insanity. I remember Holly saying that potty training is acting like a cheerleader on crack.

I LOVE the heart hair. I dare not show that picture to Faith or I'll have to figure out how to do it. I'm still trying to master the crown braid.