Saturday, April 16, 2011

isaac, again

I was not the best mom with the three girls who were born really close together. I did not teach them a lot of independence because it was easier to just dress them, feed them, put them down for naps etc by myself instead of teaching them to do it themselves.

By the time Isaac showed up life was crazy and I could no longer do it all (and then some), so he is pretty independent. He wakes up early every morning, goes potty, gets dressed, goes downstairs, snuggles with Dad while Dad reads scriptures then they eat breakfast together.

The best though was today (Saturday) he ate lunch and then disappeared. When I decided to investigate I found him fast asleep in his bed. The kid had put himself down for a nap! LOVE THAT KID!!!

3 comments:

Kori said...

Spencer did that a few times when he used to nap, gotta love it.

Steph said...

That is awesome.

J and A said...

I have to second you on the "4th kids and beyond sure get a different parenting style" . . . and for the most part I think they're really fortunate . . . :) Love hearing your honest and fun reports!
-Anna