We started, Nora and I, by bring all the bins, diaper boxes, and loose clothes down stairs - all of them, boy, girl, infant, toddler - everything we could find - it was a lot. See below.
We spent the nexy 2-3 hours going through every piece, weighing it's uslefullness, cuteness, sentimental value and condition making 6 different piles. #1 girl clothes for baby Olivia (Aunt Di's baby), #2 girl clothes requested by our comassionalte service leader, #3 boy clothes for new brother, #4 boy clothes and girl clothes in good shape but not cute enough for Olivia or new baby - to send to Goodwill, #5 stained, hideous, or otherwise unusable clothes for the garbage, #6 girl clothes I just could not give up for sentimental reasons (this was actually a really hard process for me. I am thrilled to be having a boy but some of these clothes have really strong memories attached to them and I shed quite a few tears as choices had to be made).
On Saturday, Ryan helped me empty out the 2 closets in the kids room and his closet, food storage, dress-ups, blankets, camping equipment, 72 hour kids, MREs, and stuff. Ryan was a huge trooper and got rid on some stuff that he was really attached to (I was so proud of him) and we ended up with three very clean, organized closets and lots more stuff for Goodwill.
The Goodwill stash!
8 comments:
I'm with you Marian, I love getting rid of stuff! Good job!
I am so proud of you my girl! It's liberating isn't it.
You go girl! Do you not have attic space?? I am laughing as I see the trusty book/cd shelf we made in cub scouts!
There's nothing quite so liberating as cleaning out closets! I get that itch at least once a year. This post made me want to go empty out all my closets! I feel like I"m constantly going through clothes with 3 little kids growing out of things- I can just imagine how often you have to go through clothes! I'm impressed Ryan was such a willing participant!
Good job....and a big one too.
What a great feeling! I love getting rid of stuff!
So inspirational. Love it. Love you! We have to get our patooties back to AZ and see you! Congrats on #6! You are the uber-mom!!
I can so relate to the sorting and crying. Been doing some of that in the past few months too . . . but my bins aren't as reduced in volume as yours just yet . . . So excited to hear news of your arriving little MAN! :) Love, Anna
Post a Comment