We head out early Friday, so this is most likely the last post for a while. Here are the pictures that were left in my blog folder.
Isaac being cool.
Sarah and Dad on the temple grounds a few weeks ago. Ryan gave me my engagement ring here assuming it would never change and when we returned from grad school they had ripped out the old fountain and replaced it with a completely different one! So much for permanence.
The brood.
Last week I made a lot of pita bread. I was shocked that everyone liked them with chicken salad (of course, I did not tell them it was salad, I just called it chicken - what they don't know won't hurt them right?). I also stuffed a million of them with this taco meat, bean, cheese mix and froze them - they freeze super well and will make good Ryan food while we are gone. The girls also like them stuffed with pizza sauce, peperoni and mozzarella. I nuke them to melt everything, then they get frozen too and used in school lunches - hip hooray. I found the recipe for half wheat half white pitas here. I bake them a lot shorter than 8 minutes - my oven goes hot, other than that, it is a GREAT recipe. Find it here.
3 comments:
Nutella! That is the best idea I've ever seen. And I giving the teachers a present at the end of the year must totally be a Mesa thing. I never experienced that here. Thanks for the pita recipe...I think I'm going to try that. We love pita bread, but the stuff at Smiths is hard and gross and the stuff from Trader Joes always goes bad in 3 seconds after we get it home.
LOVE the nutella idea, cute! Where are you headed? Have a great trip!
I made the pita bread today with the taco recipe, they turned out great. Thanks for sharing. Even Spencer liked the bread.
Post a Comment