As evidenced in the labor day photos (see below)
I am getting pretty big out here, and although I have been pregnant several times, I always forget that the last 4 weeks are really quite uncomfortable. This time around we have had some goods and some bads. For the goods: I've only had heartburn maybe 3 times this entire pregnancy - can we say yipeeeee?!!. For the bads: My feet are a lot more swollen than they have ever been and a lot sooner in the day too, especially after a Sunday. Granted, I do not sit down nearly often enough, so after Nora got on the bus and Isaac and Sarah were down for naps, I declared an afternoon of "couch rest" (that's related to but not as severe as bed rest). It lasted about 45 minutes and then I was theroughly bored and done. So, now I'm making granola and writing this (yes, sitting down, but not with my feet up).
I can't imagine how hard it would be to be on bed rest, as many, many have had to be. 45 minutes taught some empathy and I'm grateful to be up and about, even if my feet are fat and I hurt a little.
On a random side note; One of Ryan's priests plays high school football and is seriously thinking about whether or not to play next year. He told his mom, "I'm just so tired, and I hurt!" I hope he remembers that feeling in 5 years when he has a pregnant wife - tired and hurting??? sounds like pregnancy to me!
Here is another picture of my bee-you-tee-ful belly. Isaac had a pack of Cars stickers and thought that baby brother needed two to let him know he was doing a good job in there.
5 comments:
I think 45 min. of couch rest a day sounds good. Hang in there! You have names yet?
You have the cutest belly. You don't even look pregnant from the back! That last month does get rough. . . rougher after you've had a few babies, I think. Hang in there. Can't wait to see this cute boy!
Your doing better than me, I need a nap every day or I can't even do it. I think getting older makes it harder physically. Wouldn't it be nice for the men to be 35+ weeks pregnant for just a day for two so they could empathize.
I long for those moments of couch or bed rest...seriously! I love them.
Hahah, the word verification for this is REPENT! I don't know if there's a double meaning in that, but it's funny!
I love your family!
Seriously, my world was made a better place by meeting you all those years ago in that central american jungle.
You are beautiful pregnant. Can't wait for you to meet your boy!
Post a Comment