Isac burst into my room at 6:10 as I was getting ready for the day and asked with a big smile if he could have his jacket. ??!!?!?!? With his speech issues, if I don't know the context of the conversation it takes a few tries to understand sometimes. When I finally understood I was still confused until he stated matter of factly "It's FALL!" (like duh Mom!). Emily then wandered in with hope on her face and asked if it was going to be cool today (because it's Fall). I had to break it to them that it was 106 degrees yesterday and not planning on getting cool any time soon. It was a hard blow.
In other news, for reasons too shameful to admit (like we just ignore problems sometimes at our house instead of dealing with them), we rotted out under our kitchen sink. Issac and Ryan did the manly work of tearing out the floor down to the concrete on Saturday, but the walls are quite damaged. I've done bleach, hydrogen peroxide, and a fan, fabreeze, dryer sheets and baking soda, but the mold smell (and I'm assuming presence), persists. So we get to do fun, unseen, not exciting home improvement. Ryan and I are good at a lot of things, but making decisions about home improvement and acting on them is not one of them - it causes stress and tension. I have a lot of respect and admiration of couples who are good at those kinds of things, but let's just say, Ryan and I will hopefully never buy a fixer-upper. I'll just leave it at that - grrrrrrrrrrrrr!
I hope Fall is blooming where you live!
4 comments:
They make a paint that will help prevent new mold and kill the current mold (as well as the smell). It's called Kilz. I believe it can be purchased from home improvement stores. We had to get some for our kitchen walls and ceiling.
I wish I was closer! I have a lot of Grandma in me and LOVE LOVE LOVE home rennovation. I can't get enough of it.
Get the mold looked at by a professional, and have it professionally abated. It's worth it, because mold/black mold can make you all so very sick.
You have my deepest sympathy! When we gutted this kitchen there was mold in the wall behind the sink. Since we were doing so much new drywall anyway, we just ripped that drywall out and had them replace it, which got rid of it. At least if you attempt that yourself it will be hidden behind the cabinet! Good luck!
If you call an abatement company, be prepared to spend megabucks. :(
Post a Comment