School is going OK, except the darn bus! I think Darla at the front desk of the school is even more frustrated than I am. The first 2 days - no bus and a mad dash in the car to school with Nora and Isaac at home sleeping (bad mom, I know). Anyhow, yesterday I took the car the block to the bus stop so #1 I would have a clock (my watch died) and so we could get to school a little faster when the bus inevitability didn't come. The bus is supposed to come at noon, so we waited until 7 after and drove off. As I was turning onto the school street I saw a bus and made a mad U-turn, but it had gone down the wrong street, so back to school, when the bus emerged from the wrong street and headed into our little community, another mad U-turn and high speed chase, wildly honking, and lo and behold, it was the right bus! The poor man was as relived as we were. So, hopefully today we will have a bus at noon at the pool ready to take Diana to school.
Thankfully the bus home is fine. One of my former cub scouts who is a 6th grader this year, has decided it's his job to make sure Diana gets on the bus, he sits with her in the front seat and makes sure all is well. I'm grateful and he gets a super cute seatmate out of the deal.
Diana likes Kindergarten, but doesn't elaborate much. I think sometimes I'm just asking the wrong questions. . . .hmmmmm.
Having a kid in school is good, different, and makes the days a little long. Emily however is really enjoying the mommy time. We get an hour or so all to ourselves and she keeps saying, "it's just you and me, huh Mom?" with a big grin on her face. So we color, play memory, and stuff. Yesterday I gave her her first piano lesson. I think the time will be good for our Emmy lou-who.
Isaac is doing better with the more structured day but he still won't eat veggies. Cute though, very cute.
4 comments:
Dang your kids are adorable! The bus ... it's one of the things I do NOT miss about Cambridge. Did I tell you about the time last year that Ethan didn't get home until 7PM from school because of a snowstorm? Morse was right next to Westgate, and poor Ethan was in the bus for 2 1/2 hours (he loved every minute, though). I was so panicked. Cristie, of course, took it in stride, but I was freaking out. When buying this house, we picked it solely because the school is across the street from us -- certainly not because of the ancient and breaking kitchen cabinets! After the initial wrinkles, it will all start to work out, though. Have faith! :)
Bummer about the bus! It doesn't seem like it would be that hard of a concept - but you never know. Hopefully it will go better. I think that is pretty cute that she has a little sixth grade friend to watch out for her. Very cute....
My little Ben starts school on Monday. He is so excited and I am so sad. Lucky for us we are the school neighbors. We are all day, every day kindergarden.
I saw the dresses that you and your mom made for the wedding. Fabulous job! I wish I could sew better. Your amazing.
Not that it works with every child's personality, but the questions I like to ask our kids to hear about their day at school fall along two common themes: "What's the best thing that happened today?" and "What's the worst thing that happened today?" I've found that elaborating on these gets much better answers, ie: "What is something really fun that happened today?" Or "Was there something that made you really happy or excited that you want to share?" and "Was there anything that made you sad or upset or hurt today?" As a mom leery of having my children out of my supervision and under the influence of so many others in a school day, of course, I am most interested in what made them sad or upset and it has led to some interesting conversations that I was very grateful I asked. Hope it works for you too. :)
Post a Comment