Sunday, August 3, 2008
sewing
I really like to sew but it's hard not having a place to spread out and stay messy for a while. In our house, I've always had to sew at the kitchen table and so every time anyone needs to eat (about 6 times a day) I have to clean up. My mom came up with a good solution at her house in Idaho and set up her machine and essentials on a little table in the kitchen and it worked great for the sewing we did this summer so I thought I would try it here. I have an old secretary that belonged to Grandma Clara Boren and I've just been keeping stuff in there, frames, candles, figurines I don't know what to do with, old choir tapes I need to digitize etc. Well, I cleaned it all out and voila! a sewing area I can keep set up for a while! Watch out world we are ready to do projects for all the new babies coming and tackle Halloween. I did start out with something selfish though. I made a dress and although the picture does not make it look great, I think it looks really nice on and I was really pleased with how it turned out, especially considering it cost $8 in materials - whooohooo. Next is a new apron inspired by one we saw at the farmers market and then unselfish sewing. Oh yes, and I'm standing on our new tile - so much nicer than the glue leaking through linoleum squares we had. Ryan is the nicest guy EVER.

Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
Marian-
Your dress is BEAUTIFUL! And I know what you mean about not having a place to get messy and stay that way for a while. I my machine on a little table too, and there is sits for all the projects. Wow, it's so great to hear from you!
Mellissa
I love the sewing station in my house. You'll be sewing up a storm now that you don't have to put everything away. And, I love the dress. You looked so cute at church today but I didn't get a chance to tell you so. Maybe I should commission something cute once you start your "unselfish sewing."
I was wondering if you made that cute dress. You did a great job - can you make me one too? :)
Cute dress!! You are one talented lady. Have fun!
Ooooh, I like the dress - you are so cute and would pretty much look cute in anything. Kudos to Ryan on a job well done - the tile looks great! You are so talented. Love you...
Post a Comment