Monday, October 12, 2009

hello monday

Here we go on our week off, known as October Break here in Mesa. If I wasn't 37 weeks pregnant we would undoubtedly head off on an adventure, but alas, we are homebound. I have a little list of things we can do to make the week go more smoothly - we shall see and hope.

We started today with a little laundry - ahh clean sheets - followed by an OB appointment - always rather discouraging at this point. Despite the fact my belly literally sits on my thighs, I have not dropped, effaced, dilated etc. These last appointments really are discouraging no matter what. If you are like me, it's always nothing going on, but then I have friends who are dilated to a 3 or 4 by this time, get all excited and then still make it to their due date 3 weeks away. Thankfully, I am feeling A-OK and we have fitted the car with the car seats - major tetrus game - wow! Baby has clothes AND as an added bonus, they are freshly laundered, so we can carry on with confidence.

How is your Monday going?

3 comments:

erika said...

Marian, I just love you! You always make my day with your posts.

Kori said...

Little Sarah will be here before you know it. Those last few weeks are just uncomfortable and the anticipation is, you are a trooper Marian!

Niki said...

Sounds like you are ready for the baby. I told Mike at about 36 weeks we needed to get ready and he said, "What do we need to do? I'll buy diapers on the way home from the hospital." You are way ahead of the game. Hang in there and keep us posted.