I have a question. Just about every blog I read has had a post in the last month gushing about FALL! I think everyone but Joyce loves it (do you? I do.). So my question is: why is it such a relatively short season? Summer is long, Winter (in most places) is LOOOOOOONG, Spring is pretty much just a segue to Summer. But Fall, I think Fall deserves a FULL three months of cool, crisp, beautiful glory.
4 comments:
I agree- I could do for a much longer fall. I feel like we got gypped this year with snow on October 10th!
Great question, I couldn't agree with you more!
No, I do not like fall, because it is followed by the winter of my discontent. I hate winter -- it makes me cranky, cabinfeverish and cold. The Arizona Girl does not like being cold. Don't get me wrong, I love pumpkins, pie, Thanksgiving, (not much of a Christmas person), new TV shows (I know you're not a TV person, but I am) but those do not make up for the mountains of snow we shovel and the cold drafts blowing thru our house with wild abandon.
And when it comes right down to it,I just don't like the fact that after about 6-8 weeks of "cooler" it gets colder. WAY COLDER.
However, I did like Fall, when I lived in AZ. Let's face it, 100+ temps are only fun for about 3.7 seconds then we're all over them and ready for something new.
I think especially in AZ where fall feels like a big breath of fresh air after 6 months of stiflingly hot summer. Spring is my favorite though. I like that things are starting to grow again- instead of dying.
Post a Comment