
Charming, no?
Our October break is going pretty darn well. We have avoided boredom and most major squabbles. Yesterday Eric and Adam helped me pick up the last two mattresses for the kid room and I have been making pillow covers (pictures when I am all done). I have never "decorated" a room, but the crowded nature of 4 kids in one bedroom necessitates some coordination and thought.
Last night we headed down to the fire station to get flu shots since our pediatrician office still does not have stuff for those of us on BCBS insurance - WHATS UP WITH THAT?? I was proud of all the kids - not a whimper, despite the fact the other kid in the room was screaming his head off.
Today's adventure is visit Daddy at work. Believe it or not, our kids have never been there. He was a little surprised when I suggested a visit, but I think it will be good for them to at least have a visual reference for "Dad's work", since he is there. . . a lot.
Aunt Di has sent the week in Idaho with friends, and Uncle Michael, oh yea, and that one guy. . . Matt Funk. All reports are she is having a great time and will return revitalized or the last 5 weeks of teaching before the wedding.
Baby continues to hang in there (literally). I have an irrational fear this time around that my water will break in bed, so, as suggested by the birthing book provided by the hospital, I bought a $2.50 shower curtain to put under our mattress pad. BAD IDEA! I have never slept so warm. So, out went the shower curtain and I instead put an extra crib mattress pad under my side - much better. I know, I could just buy a queen size waterproof mattress pad, but I don't want to. This will have to do.
1 comment:
Hmmm, we have BCBS. We'll have to make a call to the doc before our well checks next week. Also, don't worry. My water broke in bed. Jeff ran so fast to get a towel that I think hardly a drop made it onto the sheets.
Post a Comment