Monday, October 26, 2009

"how do you feel about induction?"

my O.B. asks this morning.

"Well, I feel just fine about it." says I.

And so, since I am only at a 2 with no effacement in sight, if changing the sheets on 2 sets of bunk beds or Halloween craziness, or the low pressure system rolling in on Wednesday don't do the trick, I have an appointment with pitocin (how do you spell that? thanks Kori) and the anaesthesiologist on Monday the 2nd at 7:30 am.

Hip, Hip HOOOOOOORAY!

11 comments:

Kori said...

Pitocin. Good luck on avoiding it.

marian said...

FYI, I have been induced 3 times (all 3 girls), so I do know what I am getting into if it comes to it.

Stephen said...

thanks for the fyi.... it makes me feel better that you have sort of been through it 3 times before and know what your getting into. I am sure she will come soon. I wish we could be there to go for a little jog with you to get her going... or just to help out... good thing Dianna is there for the help!!
Rosie

Erin said...

It might be nice to be able to plan ahead what time you are going to the hospital etc. I was just so scared inducing would take forever- I was prepared to beg my Dr not to induce but it sounds like you are a pro at it. That's exciting that one way or another there is an end in sight!

The Atomic Mom said...

Knowing was all of the battle for me, and that's why I will chose to be induced again if I ever have another baby.

Good luck.

azandersens said...

Don't change the sheets on the bunks. That's what Ryan is for. :) You don't want to have to do Halloween/birthday every year. :)

Steph said...

Here's hoping she decides to come soon!

And I agree, I would love a good 3 months of Fall. I just realized that next week is November and we're all still wearing shorts and T-shirts. . . sigh.

Although, I guess you could say we just have a long Fall here and no Winter.

Mellissa said...

I love pitocin and fear ticking time bombs. Two weeks overdue, 6 centimeters dialated and 90% effaced for both mine.....nothing. After having my water broke with both...nothing. God bless pitocin!!! You are a pro and will do beautifully.

marie said...

Good news for you! I hope you go soon, but if not its nice to know you have an end in sight!

emily, etc, etc said...

Yipeeee! Good luck; I hope she comes sooner....

Bert and Kelli Millett said...

Fabulous. But if anything is going to send you into labor on your own it will be the ooo-ing and ahhh-ing your kids costumes. What have you cooked up for this year? Are you doing a costume recycle considering you spent all that time making the gorgeous wedding dresses?