Friday, January 8, 2010

self-esteem


Nora, Isaac, Sarah and I braved Sam's Club this morning. As we maneuvered through health and beauty to pick up Flintstones Nora spontaneously declared, "Mommy, your tummy is getting smaller and smaller. You are a good exerciser!" Man that kid is good for my self-esteem. Spontaneous compliments are part of Nora's regular routine. I may be doing laundry, cooking, putting on training wheels, feeding Sarah, you name it and Nora comes up with the perfect way to say "Good Job, Mommy! You are a good cooker, clothes folder, tool person, mommy milk maker. . .!" You get the idea. If you feel low or down on yourself get yourself a Nora, I'm sorry but mine is not available. I need all the boosting I can get.

4 comments:

Erin said...

She is such a sweetheart! Very good at giving specific compliments too. Just what every mom of a young baby wants to hear... their stomach is getting smaller! Good job Marian on the exercising and on the sweet kids!

Erika said...

What a cutie pie! Too bad we don't live closer....I'm sure the twins and Nora would get along so well!

Vinyl Masterpiece said...

Nora is such a sweetheart. I went berry picking with her this summer and she was so fun to be around. She is one hard little worker. :)

marie said...

We are already in love with Nora!