Today we practiced our pointillism a la George Seurat. I cannot tell how soothing it was. I would pencil the outline of the picture and then we used q-tips and crayola paint to add the dots of color - so fun. The girls are still at it.
Emily's crown

Nora working on a rose.

Emily did a picture out of a coloring book.

Diana was the most ambitious and tried to do an orange cat only using red and yellow. I was afraid it wouldn't work, but it DID!

Diana's heart and cat and my apple.

If your walls are bare, just give us a call and we will be happy to oblige you with some fine art. I wonder what would happen if we mixed pointillism AND glitter!! Mixed media, here we come!
9 comments:
Wow, I'm totally impressed with Diana's work. I'm laughing at the disappearing stuff. Jeff's dad used to do that and put things in "the sack" and you would have to pay cash if you wanted your stuff back. He was still at it after some of the brothers were married and some of my sister-in-laws have some great stories about things they lost at the inlaw's house.
The art work is fabulous, I really do love it. The cat would look great framed in the L of L.
I am attacking the computer desk. You have inspired me, but some STUFF I just don't know what to do with.
Those are AWESOME! I think we will have a pointalism day soon, thanks for the idea!
Amen that Ryan is home. How do you do it?
I love my girls! Did the Man Child participate, or was he off doing manly things? We must instill in this boy the importance of Many Things! Love the pics and love you all tons and tons. Give many kisses to my girls and grunt to my man.
THat's a really good idea to use qtips! And you are never too old for glitter. I love glitter pens...sadly all of mine are dryed up. Guess I need to get to the craft store! Of course all of my crafting is on indefinate hiatus right now, so never mind. :)
Marian, you are a mothering inspiration. Paint, glitter? We rarely venture there because I hate stuff and I hate a mess. In fact, when Candice tried to give us a doll house Sage responded with, "Well, if we had a nice mom she would let us keep that. But our mom doesn't like stuff." Very sad, I know. But maybe we'll take a page out of the Chase's book and try some point-painting.
Those turned out really well! I'm impressed! Maybe someday Brielle will like to do things like that--my boys have never been very into art stuff, and Annika wouldn't sit still long enough for it.
I'm glad I'm not the only mom out there whose kids think she's not a nice mom, Kelli! :)
You really are artists! I love your apple - very well done and I really love Dianna's cat.
Wow! Diana must be related to her Grandpa-the work looks GREAT!!
Post a Comment